Sunday, November 13, 2011

Flying By

November is just flying by! Last week was so busy. Our P.E.O. group has lunches every month and Monday was lunch at the Countryside cafe.  This was a place picked by 2 gals who in the end couldn't make it.  I am sure that they would have had more to tell me about this place.  Anyway, it was a new place and area that I hadn't even begun to explore.  It was a meat and three type of place complete with turnip greens and cornbread and of course PIE (which I did not have).  It also included the LOCALs.......if you know what I mean...  Think of every back woods Tennessee type that you have ever seen spoofed on TV....they were there!  Made for an interesting day.  Oh by the way....I stayed safe and had a BLT. Ha Ha.

A couple of girls and I went to Lookout Mountain for lunch last week. Now, that was fun!  We went to the Cornerside Cafe on the mountain.  There were four of us and we each got something different and shared.  I ordered the daily special - Southern cheeseburger.  It had a fried green tomato on it instead of your normal tomato.  There was also pasta -good but just normal.  Another got the BLT only this also had a fried green tomato on it.  And the other gal had french dip.  Anyway we went out to lunch to learn about a charitable sorority called Sigma Beta.  Last Tuesday they asked me to join and come to the first function that I was included in and that was at the food bank packing sack packs for kids in the area to hold them over the weekend in the way of something to eat.  They deliver 3,000 a week in our county.  There were about 7 of us there...many were P.E.O.'s as well.  This Friday we are working on Habitat for Humanity.

Last weekend we went to an auction....rather I should say that I dragged Pat kicking and screaming to an auction.  It was a hole in the wall.  I love auctions. They are so much fun and "relatively" cheap entertainment.  All the gals I told that I went there ...they couldn't believe I went and now they all want to go....good and bad.  Good for the company, bad for the competition.  I bought two end tables, four B&G plates, and 2 tole painted trays.  I know I really needed all that like a hole in the head but...my end tables were $35. each and Pat is having so much fun fixing one up.  The other just needed some TLC to come in the house.  (Furniture polish) 

We also had a newcomers luncheon downtown at Niko's ...fun and then P.E.O. on Thursday.  The camilias are starting to bloom and my azaleas are just beautiful right now.  I LOVE THE SOUTH!  Yes, Mom, the new azaleas in the south bloom twice a year. 

I can't believe Santa is already at the mall....yuck!  Gotta go now.  Get ready to hear about the Grand Ol' Opry and see Pat's southern version of eggs Benedict!

Living Sweetly in the South,

Miss Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment