Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Not sure what direction....

    Yea! After a week, I have lost 10 pounds and 4 inches.  I feel so much better!  We don't eat as much as we used to...for dinner we usually have a meat and side salad.  We went to a farmers market here last Sunday after church.  It was a lot of fun.  Music, arts and crafts, food, flowers, vendors etc.  We bought a bouquet of Zinnias...Dad... and then some salsa and came home and made salsa chicken on the grill.  It was so good.  I used two chicken breasts (boneless/skinless) and marinated them overnight in lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, pepper, oregano, sugar and some vegetable oil.  (Did you know not to use olive oil on the grill...it will burn faster than other oils...)  We grilled the chicken and then added the salsa over the top on our plate.  We had some brown and wild rice with it and a salad!  Very good!
    See picture below:









    Wow, it has been a week since my last post...sorry.  Time just gets away from me.  I am just not sure when I wake up what direction I will go. Last week I went to the eye doctor and found out that I only really needed to wear one of my contacts...go figure...guess what ...I CAN see better.  I was told that I  need to have laser surgery in the next few weeks to clear up one eye that I had operated on before and that should really help and then later I should really think about having the other eye done as well.  We will see (get it!). I go tomorrow to get some measurements taken for surgery in the future. Anyway, that was kind of a blow to my mind set...  How do you really know if the doctor you are seeing is giving you the best advice and care possible...  Maybe my kids will be smarter about all that than I am. 

    Second blow or *sigh* came when on Friday, Jenny went to her Nightingale ceremony and we weren't there.  First Katie's then Jenny's!  I hope they understand.

    Without the kids at home, Pat and I trying to figure out how to fill our time etc again.  Some evenings we just get in the car and drive.  We have explored a lot of new directions, found short cuts, said...oh that is how you get to that area....  It has been an EYE opener but also a confusion mess for me.  Sometimes I feel like there is so much to see and explore that I find myself in my comfort zone.

    I tried to get Pat to sign up for scuba lessons but it is for an entire weekend and he is reluctant to give up that much time together.....double edge sword.  It is offered two weekends a month so who knows.  He has been working on some big projects at work and is bothered by them a lot....stress.

    On one of our evenings we looked up churches in the area and found a few so we scoped them out and Sunday we went to a church closest to us.  It was very nice, bigger than Burlington, but smaller than Huntsville. They have four services each Sunday.  The people in this service were older so we may try a different service.

    Monday I went and got some very subtle highlights done and Pat said he liked my hair.  It really is getting back to normal finally after all the hormone changes from last year.

    Yesterday I went to lunch with some P.E.O.'s.  I had made the comment at our last lunch that Pat and I couldn't wait to have hot dogs and mac and cheese when the girls left.  Funny, they all agreed and we decided to try a hot dog place yesterday at Debbie's recommendation.  I met Debbie earlier and she took me to some cute shops that I didn't know about.  She drives a red VW bug convertible so we went around 'nooga with the top down.  It was fun. I told Pat we needed one!!!  Ha ha! She is about 5-6 year older than I am.  She has two grand kids and her husband is a pathologist for a hospital here.  They live near the Georgia line.  We had looked at houses in that area but the drive was too far.  Anyway,  she was really nice to show me around...been here about 5 years...but in driving - I quietly learned that I knew my way around downtown a little bit better than she did....again...change direction.  We had a good day.  One of the gals and I are going to Atlanta on Friday to go shopping.  That should be fun.

    Today I am going to the Sports Barn and then doing stuff around the house.  Saturday is reciprocity lunch for P.E.O.  Should be nice.

    Living Sweetly in the South!

    Miss Jan

    1 comment:

    1. That chicken sounds yummy - thanks for sharing! Love the new background and format. Can't wait to see you and these places you're writing about!

      ReplyDelete