Monday, August 29, 2011

So much time and So little to do....strike that ...reverse it!

This week we are having company and we can't wait.  But let me back up some and start by saying that "WOW"  @ Katie Guevel!  First an earthquake, then a mid term, then a hurricane...and now Ryan has car trouble.....you have had more than your share of headaches!!!  Hang in there - the weekend is coming....a three day weekend.  We are just glad that you are safe!  PS. Great job on your midterm. 

Jenny is finding out that nurses REALLY do a lot and have to know a lot!  She (like always) at the start of the new school year is a little overwhelmed but I know her and she will trudge through it!  We have all always heard that if you have a great nurse you will have the best care in the world!  I know Jenny will be great!

Atlanta on Friday was fun.  Linda (P.E.O.) and I met at Costco near the TN/GA line and I drove down since I was the one going anyway.  We went to Lenox Square Mall and shopped....Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel.  Got some new bedding since Jenny took hers to school and some new wine glasses that are more up to date and not so "cheap" looking...although don't know why since we put "cheap" wine in them anyway -ha ha.  We went across the street (kinda) and went to another mall...the really ritzy mall....with Nieman Marcus, Nordstrom and more shops that I can't think of only know we didn't go in as we both knew we were out of our league!  We did have lunch at Nordstroms but it wasn't as nice as the one in KC.  Went to another gift shop that all the mags rave about called Boxwood...it was okay....  Came home in good time and did not hit Atlanta traffic on a Friday afternoon. 

Pat and I had grilled chicken wraps for dinner.  He was so tired. He fell asleep on the couch. We have new channel on our TV called EPIX.  It runs movies without commercials.  It is kinda like HBO but no cost.  We are enjoying seeing some movies that we never saw at the theater for FREE!!!  We watched Daybreak with Harrison Ford and Diane Keaton last night.  It is really good.

Saturday we got up and went and worked out and then I came home to go to Reciprocity PEO luncheon about 45 minutes away in Cleveland, TN.  It was very nice.  I sat next to a lady whose husband had been in nuclear...now a contractor.  Her daughter just married someone from Yates Center and she and her husband both grew up in Lexington, MO - where Pat's folks grew up.  They knew his Aunt Shirley.  Small world.

We have been furniture shopping...mostly looking.  It is so expensive.  No Nebraska Furniture Mart here.  I think we will take a weekend and go to NC and look and see if we can't save some big $$$$.  Pat's trip to Atlanta in Sept. was canceled so now we have the weekend to go there!  He doesn't know it yet and I have to do some more research! We did buy a headboard for the guest bedroom that was just delivered.  Wrought Iron ...I love it!

Sunday we worked around the house.  Today I just did stuff around the house getting ready for our company. 

Know Katie will be with Ryan doing something fun and Jenny will be going to Chicago with Walker and family - say Cubs game.  We will try and show John and Janet a good time.  Others were invited but said not this time! :(

Tomorrow I having laser surgery on my eye that I had operated on earlier to clear up some cloudiness.  I hope it helps. Holding steady on my diet, no more loss but no gain either! YEA.  I am grilling out a lot to keep the heat out of the house and the clean up to a minimum.  We are having hamburgers for dinner.

If all goes well tomorrow, lunch on Wednesday with some gals and then nails, cleaning and cooking and then FUN!

Until next time...
Living Sweetly in the South!
Miss Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment