Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Two steps forward....three steps back.

I got up today with a lot of excitement...I have lost 6 pounds on this diet and feel really good.  I am not hungry although the chocolate chip cookies I made last night to welcome some folks to our neighborhood sound really good....I have not indulged.  OK OK....a little batter and 1/2 a cookie!  But, seriously, this diet is working for me...no cravings, no hunger, no headaches and I have been sleeping through the night and my thermostat is more on an even keel!  All good!

Tonight when Pat comes home we will take those cookies out of here!  This guy who just built a house used to work with Pat and now is in the fossil fuel division of TVA.    They have 5 kids but I thought it would be a nice thing to do.  There is another new house going up just down the street from us.  Good to know we live in a sought after neighborhood.

I was going to work out this morning and had my clothes on when the phone rang....it was a new hairdresser that I was trying to get in with calling to say that he had a cancellation.  It is the Splash Salon across the river. One of my P.E.O. friends goes to him and just raves about him....Well, I got my hair cut and styled by him. It is quite a bit shorter but it feels much better.  I needed all the "yuck" cut off to start to let it grow out.  Next Monday I am going to get a few highlights in the top, but still keep the dark. 

We had chicken Caesar salads last night for dinner.  Very easy....I took a short cut and bought the precooked chicken strips and the prebagged salad.  Tonight we are having grilled hamburger patties and salads. 

Like I said before I had started cleaning.  The downstairs is almost done...laundry room and back entrance still to do and the upstairs but I haven't done much for the past 2 days.  Need to get back with it tomorrow.  Got caught by the "squirrel" on my desk and started going thru all the papers in drawers and files.  I bought a shredder and have been shredding all recycle things so my name is not flying around out there.

Talked to the girls last night.  Katie was not feeling very well...summer cold, it sounds like.  She had seen her first patient yesterday - a young woman with 3rd degree burns over most of her body.  She said it was really sad.  She said she was a little disappointed at first because she was going to be with other med students at the same time in the room, but then said it was a good thing because it was hard to keep the conversation going. WOW!

Jenny is doing great!  She bought her scrubs yesterday and found out her first rotation is in the orthopedic section of the hospital.  That will be very interesting!  She has her "nightingale ceremony" on Friday...wish we could be there but alas....John and Janet will be going!  YEA!

Well that is all for now -

Living sweetly in the South,

Miss Jan

2 comments:

  1. LOVING your blog!!! Keep writing and we will keep reading! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Mom! Sounds like you are keeping busy! I'm happy that you are so happy. Talk to you soon. Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete