Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I have a friend!!!

Oh WOW!!!  Yesterday I came out of the Sports Barn and checked my phone....a friend called me and said "let's do lunch!".  I was so happy!  I hurried home, showered and we met at Panera...an awesome place for lunch.  YEA!!! 

On a sadder and (stupider) note, I was to go to the Newcomers Coffee today which I thought was at 10:30.....not!  It was at 10:00, so that just messed up my day...I would have been 30 minutes late and decided that I wouldn't show my "stupider" side....ha ha. So now, I just have the dentist to look forward to ...NOT!

This past weekend, we kept pretty busy.  A new section came out in the newspaper...the best of the best.  Well, some of the places I knew that were in the flyer and they were good, so that lent some credibility to "the best".  So, we decided to go out for Chinese Friday night.  The best in Chattanooga....ugh.  It was so gross.....the walls were dirty, the food was very bizarre!  Pat had a seafood soup that actually had a baby octopus in it.  He didn't eat it but still.....ewww.  I ate about 5 bites and Pat finished and we left. Not one of the best!

Saturday, we got up, to the barn and then hit the yard.  We had loaded the car with mulch on our way home from working out so we were ready to get to work.   Yard work...the yard does look better.  Anyway enough of that...we got cleaned up and then went to Georgia (just over the border) to the Georgia Winery.  They use muscatines here for their "grapes".  We toured the winery and of course had samples.  We went to Costco and met someone that had really wanted to buy our house but we beat them to it.  Pat knew him from TVA and Huntsville.  They were transferred up here about the same time.  They are our age and seem to be pretty nice, so we will probably get together with them some time.  Home and grilled steaks out and baked potato....we ran out of propane when we were almost done so....finished in the oven.

Sunday I had ordered some curtains and they had come so we put up rods and then I got to work steaming the wrinkles out.  Eight panels of suede like material floor to ceiling....it took me 4 hours!   Pat did more yard work and we got some pine straw mulch for the back yard trees and evergreens.

Now as for 1/2 and 1/2....it is half sweet tea and half unsweet tea!!!  LOL

Living Sweetly in the South

Miss Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment