Friday, September 16, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears....oh my

643 Deer Valley Drive




Well, you can say that fall is beginning to arrive in Tennessee!  When John and Janet were here we saw a mouse in our garage.....I screamed!  And then, the other day, we had a snake on our back patio......just thinking about it gives me the willies! Pat killed it and threw it over the fence.  It was a little one, but according to what I have read, in Tennessee snakes hatch in late summer......YUCK!  This one was black with bright green rings around it.  I can't seem to find a picture of it. Pat thought it was probably a corn or black snake.  Either way, I am very anxious about the yard right now!  Geckos were bad enough!

Wednesday I went to the Newcomers luncheon that I was telling you about.  It was there annual kick off meeting and fashion show.  Coldwater Creek put on the fashion and there was fajita bar set up for lunch.  The fashions looked a little bit better than CC had last year.  Even the manager, who I sat with, said so!  I joined the group.  Like I said earlier, they have activities every week.  I am signed up to go to Atlanta shopping with them next week.  They are going to some antique/shopping area in Marietta and then on to lunch at a restaurant owned by Paula Deen's relative or something like that...I will let you know more later.

I bought curtains for the back corner (kitchen, dinette, hearth) of the house and we tried them last night...they are going back today!  I will keep looking. I bought dark brown suede-like grommet top - not long enough.

Today I am down 15 pounds!!!! YEA!  It is work but it will be worth it.  I went shopping the other day and have changed clothes sizes, but didn't buy anything yet.  I will need to before too long.  YEA!

We leave for North Carolina tonight.  I hope it is worth it!

I have found two sites that I want to share with you all.  One is on facebook, called Crock Pot Girls.  It is a page that has gone viral!  It has some good tips and recipes on it.  The other page that I have become addicted to is  www.pinterest.com .  It is like having a favorites web site instead of just a favorites column on  the side of your computer.  It is fun to look at categories and see what others have posted and "repin" the ones you like to your boards and to see who likes what you have "pinned on your boards". 

The yard is looking greener and we have been watering so I hope we get some more grass.

Reading the paper yesterday and this is the funny for the day.... "He was shot in the head and then killed!"  Not he was fatally shot in the head, or the gun shot would resulted in his death or any number of other ways to say it....Pat said....the people here are down right mean to shoot someone first in the head and then kill them....that is just mean....Talk about showing your ugly side!

That is all for now.

Living Sweetly in the South,

Miss Jan-

1 comment:

  1. Your home looks so beautiful dressed up for fall!!! Can't wait to see what you do for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete